Having your phone call end immediately or drop unexpectedly right after dialing can be incredibly disruptive and frustrating. This vexing issue seems to impact smartphones across operating systems, including both iPhones and Android devices.
When you enter a phone number and press call, only to have the call terminate almost instantly, it leaves you wondering what could be causing the problem. There are actually several potential culprits behind calls that end immediately after dialing, ranging from weak cellular signal to outdated software to hardware damage.
Troubleshooting the root cause and applying the right fix can help resolve this calling annoyance. With some targeted solutions, you can get to the bottom of why your calls are dropping and restore smooth call connectivity when dialing from your smartphone.
Call Ends Immediately After Dialing
- Weak cellular signal – If you are in an area with poor reception, your call may not be able to connect properly and will drop. Try moving to a location with better signal.
- Outdated software – Having an outdated version of iOS or Android can sometimes cause calling issues. Make sure your phone’s software is fully up to date.
- Proximity sensor problem – iPhones have a sensor that turns off the screen during calls. A faulty sensor can end calls prematurely.
- Third party app conflicts – Some downloaded apps can interfere with the calling function and cause calls to fail. Try deleting recently downloaded apps.
- SIM card issue – A damaged or defective SIM card may be the culprit. Try removing and reinserting the SIM card.
- Hardware problem – If your phone has any physical or water damage, hardware problems could lead to call issues.
- Check cellular coverage – Move to an area with better signal when making calls. Avoid making calls in elevators, basements or remote locations.
- Update your phone – Install the latest iOS or Android software update for your device. Updates often fix calling bugs.
- Reset network settings – On iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This resets calling issues caused by network conflicts.
- Check proximity sensor – On iPhone, make a call and check if the screen turns off when holding the phone to your ear. If it stays on, the sensor is faulty.
- Uninstall third party apps – Deleting recently downloaded apps can help isolate if one is causing call failures. Reinstall them one-by-one.
- Replace SIM card – Take your phone to your carrier and replace the SIM card. Old and damaged SIM cards can cause call drops.
- Get phone repaired – For hardware related issues like microphone, earpiece or water damage, take your phone to a repair shop.
With some systematic troubleshooting, you should be able to determine the cause of your immediate call ending issue and get it fixed promptly. Be sure to also contact your wireless carrier for other support if needed. With the right solution, your call connectivity will be restored.